Signed in as:
Signed in as:
The Chilliwack Curling Club was formed in 1952. Prior to this, residents travelled to Vancouver Curling Club to play games.
After selling $50.00 debentures in the Club, the current building was constructed in 1952, with the help of CFB Chilliwack, as a three-sheet Curling Club. The Club flourished–one more sheet was added in 1953 and two more in 1961–and the membership was able to expand again. During the 1960’s many bonspiels were so big that the Coliseum next door was utilized many times. In 1988 the Club once again expanded to include a larger lounge and dance floor upstairs as well as locker rooms, offices, and an eating area downstairs.
Our Club has hosted many regional, provincial, and national championships through the years. Our biggest accomplishment happened in November 2006 with the hosting of the “Continental Cup of Curling” bringing the twelve best teams from North America and Europe together for four days of competition at Prospera Centre.
The Chilliwack Curling Club currently has approximately 650 active members curling regularly in leagues and approximately 1500 shareholders. The Club requires all curlers buy a share in the Chilliwack Curling Club; a one-time-only fee that allows members to vote on all matters at general meetings, including selecting a Board of Directors.
Chilliwack Curling Club
45550 Spadina Avenue, Chilliwack, British Columbia V2P 1V4, Canada
Main Office/Pro Shop: 604-792-1572
Ninth End Café: 778-860-3094
Copyright © 2005-2023 Chilliwack Curling Club